Welcome to First Baptist Church!
"It's a place to call home!"
"It's a place to call home!"
What a joy it is to introduce you to our church! You'll discover that our passion is to provide a place where people just like you can have a life-changing experience with God.
At First Baptist Church Elkton, our doors are wide open to people from all backgrounds, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. We don’t expect anyone to show up a super Christian. And certainly, there are no super Christians here. We admit we need God and each other to fulfill our God-given destinies. Come as you are and enjoy our worship services that offer biblical truth in a variety of practical ways.
It won't take you long to discover that we're more than just a Sunday church. In fact, our goal is to establish a true, old fashioned community church. And if you'd like to develop authentic and enduring relationships with others, you'll be glad to know there are opportunities to grow with us.
Together, we are striving to become the kind of church described in the Bible, where there's down to earth teaching, heart-felt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. In short, we'd like to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage the entire community, one life at a time.
So whether you're a spiritual seeker who's just starting to ask questions about God, or a committed Christian who wants to use your gifts to lead others, you can find a home here at First Baptist Church Elkton.
We are all on a journey, so to speak, with God, our family, our friends, and our world ... Join us, as we dare to embrace each journey. How exciting it will be. We invite you to worship with us this Sunday!
You can use this site to check out our ministries, listen to one of our messages, find information on our church, or read about what's going on around the church.
Enjoy, and please contact us if you have any questions.
In an effort to do our part to contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus, and to comply with the Virginia Department of Health guidelines, the following are in place for ALL in-person gatherings at First Baptist Church:
1. Face coverings are required for all gatherings. Children under 10 are exempt as well as those with pre-existing medical conditions that make mask wearing difficult.
2. Social distancing is required. Pews are designated with assignments by family and with visitor seating clearly marked.
3. All areas and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected each week. New touch free dispensers have been installed to minimize the risk of infection.
4. Fellowship/greeting time has been suspended and the offering is collected in a non-contact method.
5. Temperatures are checked on entry into the church. If you are running a fever, or are sick in any way, we respectfully request that you not attend until symptoms are resolved.
It is our prayer that we can meet, worship, and fellowship safely through this pandemic. Realizing that there are many opinions on on this pandemic, we respectfully request that this not be used as a forum for debate regarding face coverings, social distancing, or the guidelines in place. Let us always put the health and welfare of our friends, neighbors, and visitors as our first priority.
Thank you for your compliance.
First Baptist Church of Elkton adheres to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 as our doctrinal statement. To read this document, please click the button below